Did you know Sunset has an EPA certification?
For the seventh year in a row, Sunset Transportation is an EPA-certified SmartWay Logistics Partner. As a Partner, we contribute and receive access to critical fuel and transportation performance data, as well as maintaining stronger, higher-performing roster of carriers who also bear the SmartWay certification.
Launched in 2004, this voluntary public-private program:
- provides a comprehensive system for tracking, documenting and sharing information about fuel use and freight emissions across supply chains
- helps companies identify and select more efficient freight carriers, transport modes, equipment, and operational strategies to improve supply chain sustainability and lower costs from goods movement
- supports global energy security and offsets environmental risk for companies and countries
- reduces freight transportation-related emissions by accelerating the use of advanced fuel-saving technologies
- is supported by major transportation industry associations, environmental groups, state and local governments, international agencies, and the corporate community
By working with SmartWay, U.S. trucking companies have saved $27.8 billion on fuel costs, contributing to lower prices while helping American truckers. Since the program’s inception in 2004, program partners have helped avoid emitting 94 million tons of air pollution (NOx, PM, and CO2), which helps protect the environment and keep Americans healthy. (See more stats HERE).
To learn more, visit https://www.epa.gov/smartway.