As our footprint grows on a national scale, Sunset is working hard to make sure employees succeed together, guided by strong examples set by our leadership team and management. Setting the course and steering us towards another big year in 2018 is our newly appointed chief operating officer, Lindsey Graves, who we’re proud to announce has been named to the 2018 Class of 40 Under 40 by the St. Louis Business Journal (STLBJ). Read the full article HERE.
During the journey to her current position, what was once a local, 32-person trucking brokerage company with $22 million in revenue has become a high-performing technology and logistics provider with branch offices in six states, over 150 employees and agents, and over $117 million revenue in 2017. Looking ahead, she’s focused on guiding Sunset’s strategic plan, pushing technology enhancements forward, and championing Sunset’s family-style culture as the company grows.
Lindsey is honored alongside 39 other remarkable St. Louis business leaders in the Business Journal’s February 16, 2018 edition. In her featured article, she discusses nearly 11 years of learning the ins and outs of each Sunset department between 2006-2017, under the direction of her father, CEO and owner of Sunset Transportation, Jim Williams. The experience and hands-on knowledge gained during that time is the foundation of Lindsey’s mantra — “leading by example“. Several projects, roles, improvements and lessons later, Lindsey was appointed COO in January 2018.
A working wife and mother of three young girls, she inspires the entire company with her prioritization and time management skills, her generosity, empathy, and genuine passion for those around her. “She’s very self-motivated and driven to show people the path; then to let them get in and experience success“, says Mark Cammarata, Sunset’s Chief Financial Officer and longtime colleague.
Her dedication to Sunset and helping others learn is evident even outside the company, as she holds several board member and leadership roles with the following organizations:
- Member, Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America, Greater St. Louis Area Council, 2016-2017
- Leads Sunset’s 14-year partnership with the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America through Sunset’s arrangement of the logistics for the largest annual one-day Scouting for Food drive, 2003-2017
- Member, Enterprise Bank & Trust’s Business Leadership Forum Board, 2014-2017
- Member, Truckstop Advisory Board, 2015-2017
- Annual featured panelist for industry organization Transportation Intermediaries Association, 2010-2017
- Featured conference panelist and super user advisor for software platform McLeod, 2012-2017
Congratulations to Lindsey for this fantastic achievement; surely it’s only the beginning!