Freight Insight for Week of October 12
Thanks for tuning in to Sunset’s market outlook column. The following insights are taken from a weekly call between all branches
Trends and discussions range from seasonal manufacturing and agriculture trends that affect available capacity to general insight into outside factors affecting freight volumes.
Below is a summary of the October 14 call:
FREIGHT VOLUMES & CAPACITY
- Mexico/cross-border freight activity is picking up. Northbound demand is strong. Guaranteed capacity is going to be more expensive.
- TL capacity isn’t going to rebalance anytime soon.
- LTL volumes are up, TL is down in the southeast.
- Shippers are advised to plan for rising costs in the near to mid future – fuel is going to increase and capacity will be tight.
- Grand Haven: Doug Bryant
- Green Bay: Rick Kerr
- Laredo: Jose Minarro
- Nashville, TN: Jonathan Falcon
- St. Louis, MO: Justin Danks
- St. Paul, MN: Mike Morris
- Wilson, NC: Mary McCallister