Sunset Transportation Named to 2017 St. Louis Top Workplaces List
Sunset Transportation has been awarded a 2017 Top Workplaces honor by The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, based on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC. Sunset is sole logistics winner in the Small Business category (149 employees or less), and shares this achievement with just 120 companies chosen in the greater St. Louis area.
Dedicated to Our Employees, Clients and Industry
Sunset is honored to receive this recognition for the second time, joining the ranks of some of the most recognized businesses and organizations in the city, including Unyson, Aldi, Maritz, Graybar Electric Company, and Monsanto. Furthermore, we are proud to represent the 3PL industry as a growing, family-owned corporation in the up-and-coming Midwest logistics hub city that is our hometown of St. Louis.
With this award, Sunset was recognized for our high level of employee engagement, leadership, service and opportunities for growth. Attributes to our success:
- Implemented an organization-wide goals & objective program, including profit sharing and professional development opportunities
- Capitalizing on new employee strengths, industry knowledge, and incoming talent from several supply chain undergraduate programs in the bi-state area
- Sunset has grown over 38% in both revenue and personnel since 2013
- Sunset hired 20 new employees in 2016, and is on track to hire between 22-25 in multiple locations yet this year
- Other recent accolades: 2015 Top Workplaces award, 2016 National Standard for Top Workplaces award, 5-time winner of INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies award and 2015 CFO of the Year by St. Louis Business Journal
“This award signifies the massive effort we’re making as one cohesive team to improve our company. We’ve built this family-owned business into a leading corporation while still maintaining the inclusive culture we were founded upon…something that’s rare in our industry,” said Lindsey Graves, Owner and Vice President, Operations. “It’s an honor to have our employees support one another, and validate these engagement efforts even through strategic growth phases; overcoming challenges every day and moving the company forward.”
About Top Workplaces – www.topworkplaces.com
Top Workplaces are determined solely on employee feedback through a survey conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Each year, the firm conducts regional Top Workplaces programs with 45 major publishing partners across the U.S., involving 6,000-plus organizations and one in every 88 American employees. WorkplaceDynamics provides innovative solutions, training and tools to help businesses and organizations improve their professional environments.