Sunset Transportation Makes Four-Peat Appearance on St. Louis Top Workplaces List
In good company with 150 of St. Louis’s top workplaces, Sunset is excited to be named #53 on the Post-Dispatch’s 2018 list.
Sunset Transportation, a privately-owned third-party logistics company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is proud to announce a four-peat nomination to the 2018 Top Workplaces list by The Post-Dispatch. The list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey administered by research partner Energage, LLC (formerly WorkplaceDynamics), a provider of technology-based employee engagement tools.
Dedicated to Our Employees, Clients and Industry
Sunset is honored to receive this recognition for the fourth time, joining the ranks of some of the most recognized businesses and organizations in the city, including Royal Canin, Artur Express, SSM Health, and Drury Hotels.
With this award, Sunset was recognized for our high level of employee engagement, leadership, service and opportunities for growth. Attributes to our success:
- Acquisition of Snowland Freight Services, adding 10 employees and two mature branch locations in the upper Midwest
- Promotion of Lindsey Graves to Chief Operating Officer and Brian Pierce to Vice President, Operations; capitalizing on new employee strengths and department re-organization
- Adding additional LTL expertise and technology investments
- Sunset has grown over 86% in revenue since 2013
- Sunset hired 31 new employees in 2017, and is on track to hire 30-40 more in multiple locations yet this year
- Other recent accolades: 2017-18 Top 3PL and Cold Storage Provider, 2017 Top 100 3PL, 6-time winner of INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies award and 2018 Class of 40 Under 40 (Lindsey Graves, COO) by the St. Louis Business Journal
“Maintaining the inclusive culture we were founded upon is not without effort. It’s one of our core values, and something we’re focused on as we grow,” said Lindsey Graves, Chief Operating Officer. “Every day we see these engagement efforts, like our twice-annual team building activities, paying dividends to morale. Our employees have fun, like one another, and we are moving the company forward. It’s very exciting!”